Does this sound familiar?
"Prior to being awarded the contract the services including; window cleaning, washroom services and general cleaning services were provided by many different suppliers based on geographical location. The cleaning teams at each location were badly managed and benefitted from no central support.
The cleaning contracts were troubled by a lack of standardisation and approach to cleaning. As such, certain sites received a reasonable service that met some of the client's expectations whilst cleaning on other sites was deemed as poor or unacceptable. Some of the problems included;
- The client received no site visits
- Staff received no training
- Staff working in the early hours of the morning without supervision
- Uniform and PPE wasn’t available
- Cleaning materials not delivered
- Machinery left in disrepair
- Washroom services were missing and broken
- Window cleaning not evident but the client was paying for the service
Anchor welcomed the opportunity to resolve the ongoing issues"
So why is all of this important, other than meeting set service level agreements?
Well, employers have a general duty under section 2 of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of their employees at work.
Did you know?...
60% of absences from work illnesses are contracted from dirty equipment in the office, such as Ecoli, Staph and bacteria. With 65% of office workers sharing phones and computers, and with a whopping 25,127 germs per square inch found on just a telephone! - Anchor take cleanliness seriously.
Our Office Cleaning Services Include:
- Cleaning bathrooms, sinks, toilets, urinals
- Emptying and sanitising rubbish and recycling bins
- Supply and restock washroom consumables
- Window cleaning
- Cleaning office equipment and work stations
- Dusting furniture and computer equipment
- Cleaning stainless steel and other special surfaces
- Floor cleaning, mopping, sweeping, refinishing and polishing
- Stripping and waxing floors using floor buffer
- Carpet cleaning
- Cleaning (vacuum) carpeting
- Cleaning cafeterias, staff rooms and kitchens
- Cleaning air-conditioning vents
- External fascia cleaning
- Spot cleaning (typically spills - tea for example)
Whilst the majority of our office cleaning takes place out of hours, either in the morning or evening, we will tailor our services to your individual requirements, frequency and circumstance.
Contact us today to find out more.