The benefits of being in the CHAS scheme;
- Suppliers show compliance with important parts of health and safety law (the core criteria described in the CDM regulations).
- On achieving compliance a supplier is approved to work for all of CHAS' buyers
- Inconsistencies are reduced where some suppliers may be judged compliant by one buyer but not another.
- CHAS gives guidance on any weaknesses in a supplier's safety management, including how they can improve.
- Being a CHAS supplier or buyer saves both time and resources